Panachev Valeriy Dmitrievich, Academician of the International Academy of Sciences of Pedagogical Education, the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, master of sport, chairman of the presidium of the Prikamye Olympic Academy, doctor of sociological sciences, head of sub-department of physical training, Perm National Research Polytechnic University (29 Komsomolsky avenue, Perm, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Legotkin Aleksandr Nikolaevich, Master of sport, candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of physical training, Perm National Research Polytechnic University (29 Komsomolsky avenue, Perm, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The sociological analysis of a complex phenomenon of students’ healthy life style is quite topical due to its major importance in forming interpersonal communication during classes, physical culture, educational activity culture, culture of activity in sphere of physical training etc. At the present time the nation’s health comes out to the first place among all the priority objectives of social development. The purpose of the work is to analyze the key features of healthy lifestyle motivation.
Materials and methods. To realize the purpose of the work the authors used the following methods of sociological study: preparation of tools, respondents’ poll, analysis of obtained results and comparison thereof with the data by other researchers. The functions of physical culture and sport relating to health recovery and problems of socialization of the young generation are of particular interest.
Results. Using the data of the poll conducted among students (2800 respondents) the authors obtained interesting results for the factor analysis. Thus, the answers to the question «What allows to form an image of future activity?» were distributed as follows (in %): university classes – 1,2; pedagogical practice – 29,0; parents’ work experience – 23,4; independent work – 42,3; information from the other sources (TV, newspapers and others ) – 1,7; friends’ work experience – 0,4; found difficulty to answer – 2,0. The results of the study were reflected in diagrams and tables, and conclusions were made.
Conclusions. According to the students’ point of view the main value of physical culture in personality development lies in health building (89 %), in development of volitional and moral qualities (62,3 %), in all-round development of personality abilities from early age. At the same time the sociocultural conditions of life activity realization in the sphere of physical culture and sport, the favourable moral and psychological climate have a cultureforming effect on a person, determine value guide lines for individual’s activity in other social groups, in spheres of social production and consumption.
healthy lifestyle, physical culture, society, sport, students, health.
1. Anisimov S. A. Razvitie kul'tury proizvodstva i potrebleniya: sotsiologicheskiy analiz: avtoref. dis. d-ra sotsiol. nauk [Development of production and consumption culture: sociological analysis: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of sociological sciences]. Moscow, 1991.
2. Dimov V. M. Filosofiya i sotsiologiya zdorov'ya [Philosophy and sociology of health]. Almaty, 1998.
3. Zaslavskaya T. I. Sotsial'naya geografiya SSSR [Social geography of USSR]. Leningrad: Izd-vo GO SSSR, 1984.
4. Kontseptsiya «Sberezhenie naseleniya Permskogo kraya na period do 2015 goda» [Conception “Population preservation in Perm region in the period up to 2015”]. 6 July 2009, no. 393-09.
5. Panachev V. D. Sport v sisteme fizicheskoy kul'tury obshchestva: institutsional'nyy podkhod: avtoref. dis. d-ra sotsiol. nauk [Sport in the system of society’s physical culture: institutional approach: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of sociological sciences]. Perm, 2008.
6. Flier A. Ya. Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost' [Social sciences and modern times]. 2002, no. 1.